Updates and suggestions from Andrea
Communication: As Peter’s hands are now weaker it takes longer for him to type.
• Be patient and give him time to catch up.
• Plan a visit with him and he will pre-type conversation.
• Keep visits short about 30 mins is perfect.
• Watch for nonverbal communication in his face and body.
• Peter uses his computer to communicate; email, facebook, his
website, text on his ipad.
Physical: Peter is still walking but slowly and needs help on uneven surfaces and stairs. Just hold his arm. His hands are too weak to do most things if you are with him he will need help:
• Carrying his iPad, or anything else.
• Opening car doors, seat belts
• Getting up out of chairs, he needs some help
• With Clothing.
Food and Nutrition: Peter gets about 90% of his food from his feeding tube. Now, he just eats for fun and taste. He still needs creamy, soft foods that require little chewing, just less of it. Here’s what is best for drinking:
• Jamba Juice (mango or strawberry), milkshakes (chocolate)
Social: This is still very important to Peter but since he gets tired easy its best to plan ahead so he can be rested and to keep it short.
• Text him at his new iPad number 707-809-9475 to set a time.
• Call Andrea’s cell at 959-500-9898 to set up a visit or event.
Here’s what works now:
• Come to the house for a visit, talk, prayer, sporting event,
• Take him to a movie or on a short walk.
• Meet us for an appetizer at a restaurant.
• Meet us for a movie
• We like to play cards if your patient enough to play slow.
Our schedule: Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 to 1:30 are good for visits. Andrea is at work at that time and John (Peter’s care giver) is at the house.
Saturdays or Sundays are best for couple stuff. Sunday we go to church and can sometimes meet for a lite lunch afterwards.
Contact info: Peters text NEW Number 707-809-9475